Please join us for breakfast on Friday, March 15 with special guest Leela Aheer, Deputy Leader of the UCP. Click here to buy tickets.
Hello and welcome. My name is Jeff Wedman and I am the United Conservative candidate in St Albert.
As I came to the decision to run for the position of MLA, I knew I had to be able to explain who I was, what I believe, and why I was running for office.
Who am I?
Before anything else, I am a father to two wonderful boys, and husband to an amazing and ever patient wife. I am a born and raised Albertan. My entire adult life has been spent in serving the public, first as a member of the Canadian Forces and then as a front-line Police Officer. I am a proud resident of St Albert and have no regrets about choosing this wonderful community to be where Sheri and I raised our family.
What do I believe?
I am a committed believer that free enterprise lifts all of society to ever increasing levels of prosperity. I believe that government should not make a habit of living on borrowed money, but should spend within their means. I believe that government has a role in ensuring equality of opportunity for everyone, but that attempting to mandate equality of results is a recipe for disaster. I feel that we are strongest as a society when we work together in unison, but ultimately each person has the inalienable right to chart their own path.
Why am I running?
I have found public service to be a lifelong calling. Continuing forward as an elected member of the government feels like a logical progression of my service. I believe my previous careers have given me exceptional leadership, critical thinking and communication skills. My life experience is well rounded, I have an empathy that comes from having known life’s highs as well as suffering great personal loss.
After getting to know me, I hope that you see fit to lend me your vote. In return I pledge:
- I will be open to listen to anyone who wishes to be heard.
- I will provide an honest accounting of the reasons behind the decisions I make and the positions I take.
- I will put the overall welfare of the people of St Albert and the all Albertans before any private consideration of my own.
- I will maintain a sense of humor and perspective. Humility is the key to maintaining a healthy relationship with the community you help to govern.
- I won’t make promises that I don’t have the ability or actual intention of keeping.
Thank-you for visiting. In the rest of the website I go into greater detail, so please take the time to explore more.
If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact me.