Hello and welcome. My name is Jeff Wedman and I am the United Conservative candidate in St Albert.
As I came to the decision to run for the position of MLA, I knew I had to be able to explain who I was, what I believe, and why I was running for office.
Who am I?
Before anything else, I am a father to two wonderful boys, and husband to an amazing and ever patient wife. I am a born and raised Albertan. My entire adult life has been spent in serving the public, first as a member of the Canadian Forces and then as a front-line Police Officer. I am a proud resident of St Albert and have no regrets about choosing this wonderful community to be where Sheri and I raised our family.
What do I believe?
I am a committed believer that free enterprise lifts all of society to ever increasing levels of prosperity. I believe that government should not make a habit of living on borrowed money, but should spend within their means. I believe that government has a role in ensuring equality of opportunity for everyone, but that attempting to mandate equality of results is a recipe for disaster. I feel that we are strongest as a society when we work together in unison, but ultimately each person has the inalienable right to chart their own path.
Why am I running?
I have found public service to be a lifelong calling. Continuing forward as an elected member of the government feels like a logical progression of my service. I believe my previous careers have given me exceptional leadership, critical thinking and communication skills. My life experience is well rounded, I have an empathy that comes from having known life’s highs as well as suffering great personal loss.
After getting to know me, I hope that you see fit to lend me your vote. In return I pledge:
- I will be open to listen to anyone who wishes to be heard.
- I will provide an honest accounting of the reasons behind the decisions I make and the positions I take.
- I will put the overall welfare of the people of St Albert and the all Albertans before any private consideration of my own.
- I will maintain a sense of humor and perspective. Humility is the key to maintaining a healthy relationship with the community you help to govern.
- I won’t make promises that I don’t have the ability or actual intention of keeping.
Thank-you for visiting. In the rest of the website I go into greater detail, so please take the time to explore more.
If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact me.